Monday, October 23, 2017

What is in my heart?

"For out of the fullness of the heart, the mouth speaks."
- Matthew 12:34

How do I know what is in my heart? By what is coming out of my mouth.

Am I spitting out venomous words of anger or criticism? Or am I sharing words of wisdom and love?

Only looking to the Lord, seeking His truth and abiding in Him will change what is in my heart. Only He can renew my mind.

I can reflect on the pains and troubles of my past without dwelling on the negative thoughts and letting them consume me.

When I put my struggles through the sifter of God's truth, then I can see what happens in my life through His eyes. I may not understand, but I will know the truth about it.

And the truth is, God gives good things and God can use even the worst things in our lives for good, for His glory. The truth is that God will see us through and make our faith stronger on the other side of struggles and trials and pain. The truth is that God can make our heart and mind renewed every day, fresh without being entrapped in lies or guilt.

Let God renew you today by spending time with Him in His Word and in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment