"The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me because He anointed Me to preach the Gospel to the poor, He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are down trodden." - Luke 4:18
What sets us free? Jesus said truth sets us free.
I have believed lies. Lies about who I am. Lies that lead to worry and fear. Lies that put doubt in my mind about Truth.
But now I see, Jesus came to set me free. Free from the strongholds the enemy has set up in my mind. Free from the lies that bring me down. Free from the control my broken mind has over me.
I will no longer be down trodden. I find new mercies each day as I walk with Him.
How do we combat the lies and find freedom? By knowing and dwelling on the Truth. What truth or truths can you focus on today? Maybe one of the affirmations I wrote in the previous post? Or maybe a Scripture truth you read today? It is essential to saturate your mind with truth if we are to be free from the stronghold of lies.
Jesus said "I am the Vine." We are to abide in and wait on Him as our everything. As a sufferer of many illnesses, both physical and mental, I have learned much through seeking Him. Tune in every week for a word of encouragement with a Scripture from the perspective of one who has found significant strength and healing and wisdom from those Scriptures. Thanks for liking, commenting, and subscribing.
No comments:
Post a Comment