"Cast on the Lord whatever He sends your way, and He will sustain you. He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." - Psalm 55:22 (ISV)
There is so much in life I cannot bear, and if I try, I will most likely wind up dead or seriously hurt because my brain may respond with self harm thoughts or suicidal ideation. But no one can, nor should, have the weight of it all on their own shoulders. Not when you have Almighty God offering to take it on His shoulders, come alongside you and see you through.
How do we accomplish this? By surrendering through prayer. Surrendering our hold of the pain or burden or whatever it is. Surrender our thinking that we can or should or must handle it all on our own.
When my anxieties build up, I picture Jesus there with me. I envision God putting His arms around me to love and protect me. I give it all, my burden, my anxieties, my pain, to God Almighty.
Jesus said "I am the Vine." We are to abide in and wait on Him as our everything. As a sufferer of many illnesses, both physical and mental, I have learned much through seeking Him. Tune in every week for a word of encouragement with a Scripture from the perspective of one who has found significant strength and healing and wisdom from those Scriptures. Thanks for liking, commenting, and subscribing.
No comments:
Post a Comment