"In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul."
-Psalm 94:19
I have tried to ease anxiety in many different ways. Deep breathing is a good way to relax your mind and body. Progressive muscle relaxation, meditation, abdominal breathing, cue-controlled relaxation, visualization, stress management, worry control, and probably other techniques can ease the feelings of anxiety. Sometimes medication is prescribed for it as well.
But what is better than having someone just be with you? It is wonderful to be comforted and encouraged. To simply know someone has come alongside you to be there for you.
God is our Shepherd, our Rock, our Shield, our Defender. I take comfort in knowing He has my back and is working all things together for good. He is there, beside me, walking with me every step of my journey. I am not alone. I do not have to be afraid. I am well taken care of by my good, good Father.
Jesus said "I am the Vine." We are to abide in and wait on Him as our everything. As a sufferer of many illnesses, both physical and mental, I have learned much through seeking Him. Tune in every week for a word of encouragement with a Scripture from the perspective of one who has found significant strength and healing and wisdom from those Scriptures. Thanks for liking, commenting, and subscribing.
No comments:
Post a Comment